Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hurry Up! and wait.

Ok. So I get to my destination and deliver the load. That was day before yesterday. So again I'm sitting. I shouldn't complain too much though. The DOT 72 hours inspection blitz is going on. I feel good about my equipment being up to snuff. But the delays and multiple times you can get pulled in for one is a pain. I should be grateful that I'm sitting this time.

I have my DOT physical coming due and will be back in Olathe, KS to get it done.

Nothing much else going on. Just finished the club newsletter and sent that out and decided to read up some more on the Denver & Rio Grande Western Railroad. A book I received titled Narrow Gauge In The Rockies by Lucius Beebe and Charles Clegg details the history of the narrow gauge empire. Very interesting reading on how it was built and how well it thrived. Even more amazing it stayed in revenue operation into the 1960's. Two parts of this vast system remain in operation as tourist lines. The Durango and Silverton Railroad is the shortest of the two. The Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad operate far more track than you'd think. The states of Colorado and New Mexico own the latter while the former is self sustaining.

Time to head in and get a bite to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment